Pages

Why a blog?

This is my first time to ever do anything like this so please bare with me. I decided to start a blog mostly for myself. I wanted to keep track of all the crazy things that go on in our house on a daily basis. I also thought this would be good for my soul and keep me smiling and laughing even when I feel defeated by my littles at the end of the day. I'm sure there are a lot of blogs out there similar to this one and it may just bore people but that's alright. This is us, me and my littles!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lately...

Well hello there! Where have I been?! The past three weeks have been...um...emotional, exciting, different, challenging and eye opening. It has been an interesting month for sure!
Almost 2
Family pictures April 2011
Growing fast!
I recently stopped working  for a dear friend in her home day care. I was fortunate enough to be able to take my youngest littles with me. I was working about 26 hours a week which I know is not a lot to most full time working people but for a wife/mother that has been home for the past few years, it was a lot! I was so anxious and ready to get out of the house and feel "needed" (as weird as that sounds).  I worked for about 4 months and then decided I needed to be at home again. Our lives got so busy all of a sudden. I don't even know how it happened but before we knew it, we had something scheduled 5 nights out of the week! I used to envy that type of life, when I home schooled and felt so lonely and secluded. Now...not so much. I needed to slow down and focus on my home and our family. Its been good but defiantly different. I forgot how clingy and bored my girls get when we're at home too much. Not something I enjoy...! It will take some getting use to again but that's OK. We have missed our morning walks around camp and just exploring the outdoors like we used to. We most all of missed seeing BJ throughout the day, something I never want to change!
I completed a bible study a couple weeks ago that really hit home with me. It affected me WAY more than I had planned or even wanted to. Obviously God was in control and knew that I needed to hear a few things. I was humbled, embarrassed, ashamed, hurt, enlightened but above all, forgiven! I was given the chance to re-evaluate my "priorities" and start over by focusing on things that really mattered. I made the bold, weird step to "delete" (which in Facebook terms merely means to "deactivate") my account so I could regroup and figure things out. Facebook can tend to be addicting, annoying, unnecessary, hilarious, interesting, boastful, awesome, fun....well, for me anyway! I needed a break from it so I took the plunge and "deactivated"! It was hard at first, which I realize is lame, but was good and well needed in the end. After a lot of changes and prayer, I decided to "log back in". To my surprise, note the sarcasm, the Facebook world was untouched, unchanged. I felt like I had just logged in the night before. Anyway, I will use it in small doses and move on! :)

These next few weeks will be full of moving, as the camp experiences a "house rotation", if you will. I am excited, anxious, thrilled, sad...too may emotions to convey. I have brought two out of my three daughters home from the hospital in this house. We have had MANY tears (a house full of 4 girls tends to be that way) in this home but much more laughter and giggles. We've explored every nook of this place and at the same time grown out of this place! We're ready to move on, and by move on, I mean down the road :). It's bitter sweet for everyone involved but good! :)
We're in a good place and God is good, all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment