Pages

Why a blog?

This is my first time to ever do anything like this so please bare with me. I decided to start a blog mostly for myself. I wanted to keep track of all the crazy things that go on in our house on a daily basis. I also thought this would be good for my soul and keep me smiling and laughing even when I feel defeated by my littles at the end of the day. I'm sure there are a lot of blogs out there similar to this one and it may just bore people but that's alright. This is us, me and my littles!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The little things...

Earlier today Jude was sitting on the floor playing with Little People so quietly. I had started getting things out to start dinner. Bella was watching a movie and Beau was changing her babys diaper on the floor next to me. For just a moment I thought, "wow...it's quiet and all the littles are busy...this is really nice. I might be able to knock dinner out before anyone even notices what I'm doing!" Just as the thought entered my mind, it was interrupted by Bella yelling, "MOM! Jude is playing with her spit up!" As I walked over to her I hear Beau say under her breath, "need wipe my baby." Sure enough Jude has spit up all over the floor and is rubbing her little fingers in it and sticking them in her mouth. When I had finished cleaning her up I see Beau walk past me very slowly hiding a wipie box behind her back, as if I can't see it! I said, "What do you have Beau?" She simply replys, "Nuffing".
During dinner the girls were supposed to try the spinach I had served them. I know they don't like it but if they ate it we told them they could have a brownie and put a bean in their jars, I'll explain that later. Bella actually ate all her spinach and it looked like Beau had eaten hers. I was shocked. Turns out, Beau had been putting her spinach on the floor and spitting it back out and mixing in with other food on her plate. She probably ate one spinach leaf!
Danyel, my very wise, older sister, came up with an idea to put some sort of coin or bean or whatever in a jar everytime the girls did something good or w/out being told to do something. We're cheap so I decided to do pinto beans and we call them the Behavior Beans. Bella and Beau each have a jar and we drop a bean in there when they obey, clean, make their beds, chores...you get the point. We can also take beans out if they misbehave or disobey. They think it's the best thing in the world. Who knew something so small and simple would make them so happy. When Beau pees on the potty she says,"Now beam and shotlate?" She loves those "beams"!
Well, this is the end of day one of my blog. All the littles are in bed, although not alseep because Beau keeps coming out with all kinds of excuses, but at least they're in bed! Now it's time for me and BJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment